Types of training video
Video production for training purposes can take many forms, and the type which you require will depend on you and your business. You may want to produce corporate training videos for internal staff, or perhaps you’re looking into making product explainer videos to help your customers get the best use out of your products.
The options include:
- Business training videos – These are ideal for training a large number of staff across different locations. The content will stay the same wherever and whenever the video is watched, so you can be sure of a consistent message every time. And once your training video has been produced, it’s much cheaper than organising tutors and getting everyone to turn up on a particular day. Depending on your needs, you can create a one-off film or develop a whole series of episodes. Business training videos can be a great way to welcome a new employee to the company or to demonstrate in-house software using screencast videos that show your staff exactly where to click and when.
- Educational video production – Whether you are a company specialising in education or you want to educate staff on issues like health and safety, educational videos are a rich resource to help individuals on their learning journey. You can use them as an add-on resource to complement textbooks or manuals, or issue them as a standalone video lecture. You can also use animation or interactive elements to help learners to achieve their potential.
- Product explainer video production – Product explainer videos show consumers what your products can do. They can demonstrate clearly how the product should be used, and can be a great resource for troubleshooting problems. They are an invaluable way to raise brand awareness, as well as helping to cut down on the volume of customer enquiries and engineer visits when people encounter problems.
Cut costs and spread your message
By choosing video production for training purposes, whether you’re targeting colleagues or customers, you’ll benefit from a number of positive advantages.
- Permanently available from anywhere. Give your staff a training resource that they can refer to time and time again. So much better than those unreadable, scrawled notes from a one-off PowerPoint presentation!
- Cost saving. By producing videos that inform and educate, you’ll save costs. Not by fobbing people off or hiding behind an automated resource, but by giving people what they need in the quickest and easiest format – for all parties. (We’re sure your customers will appreciate being able to solve their issues instantly rather than listening to hold music or waiting in for an engineer).
- Easy to update. Things change, and from time to time you may need to alter the content of your training videos. If it’s just a small update, it won’t be difficult or expensive to do.
How Yellow Lizard Media can help you
Here at Yellow Lizard Media, we specialise in corporate training video production. We’ll show you how to get the best from your video production and offer input and ideas at every step of the way. We pride ourselves on using only the very best technical equipment to ensure that your video is produced to the highest professional standards. If you are interested in video production for training staff or customers, don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your needs.